February 4, 2007

...come home.


Been on a downer this week.
It kicked off with a discriminatory police stop with no basis and left me itching to do something about it. But to borrow a description from the card "we" all carry - "aliens" (registered or not) really have no standing.

Live with it/ignore it/get on with it/if you don't like it, go home/it's the culture/it comes with the job - are a few of the maxims offered up.
Still got to me though and I've been here two and a half years....a bit of temporary Japan sickness me thinks.

Derrida got one over on me too. Finished two out of eight chapters - not bad for a first timer! The library due date and a feeling that I'm out of my depth are sending me to replace the book with something more manageable.

However, all is well now. Last night was a fun-filled occasion with steaks, bear sauce, and mini-champagne. Today - breakfast in bed and blogs with my baby.

With the return of sprout, all negative thoughts are fading fast, being replaced by plans for the future, and studies online (if possible).

No comments: