April 13, 2007

Oh! hanami

So another week has flown by....

We 'did' a little hanami last weekend. Korakuen was the main venue and despite a little rain we had a pleasant picnic on the grass with some yaki-soba and chu-hais.


There were a number of wedding photo sessions taking place - I felt a little voyeuristic hovering behind the real photographer but I fired off a few shots as I wasn't the only one spying.
For once it made me wish my beloved camera was digital so that I didn't risk taking too many crap shots.
I do like the not-knowing and the wait before flicking through the prints to see how everything came out.... but maybe my last big purchase in Japan will be a brand spanking new digi camera. I've got my eye on a couple of little beauties so who knows....

With the absence of any quality broadcasting on JTV we usually resort to renting a big load of DVDs for our viewing pleasure. But just recently, we have discovered this little gem - TVLinks - it is packed with goodies and we have gourged ourselves on a diet of disposable USTV.
America's Next Top Model, American Idol, My Name is Earl, South Park, and CSI to name but a few....
The last week has seen me hooked on Heroes - now I'm not usually a comic/sci-fi geek but I've really enjoyed the 18 episodes so far....

.... and hope my new favourite website gets the links to the upcoming episodes some time soon.

In other news:
saving - going OK.
hair length - getting longer.
tokyo - done.
fitness - getting better.

Two years to this very day that I started this lowly blog!!

No comments: