March 15, 2006

New tings

So, I've been on a little blog holiday as I have actually had loads of better things to do!! I drafted a post back in February after getting quite excited about the collaboration of a couple of favoured musicians - namely Jack White and Brendan Benson.
Working together under the guise of The Raconteurs, they have a brilliantly retro site here and a couple of super songs available for listening.

Another discovery is a band called Midlake (go here) who have a song (as certain people will testify!) called Roscoe that I can listen on repeat for far, far too long. The link takes you to a little website called myspace.com, into which I have recently been inducted. For all those of you in England, the following comment should briefly summarise the site if you are yet to visit:
"wow you're on myspace!! Welcome to being an american highschool/college kid" - courtesy of Danimal.
But I must say the music section is top class with downloads-a-plenty and all your favourite bands. It's a whole new world.

Speaking of whole new worlds, I recently took a trip to this little place:














with a view to finding a perfect spot to live with a certain special someone. It is all so exciting - I can't wait!


But for now, I will be very happy with all in Hiroshima, a lovely new pair of shoes and a long awaited visit from old friends........

1 comment:

Vernon said...

So will we see you out dancing in your lovely new shoes soon?