March 18, 2006

Watching


This week, amongst other things, I have watched Graduation Ceremonies at two of my kindergartens.
These included - mothers crying; an array of kimonos; fathers glued to the back of their videocams, too busy recording what they should be enjoying; fathers being late; skirts slightly too short for such an occasion; kids fidgeting; kids oblivious to all the pomp and ceremony; kids crying; a Kindergarten showing off it's connections; a Kindergarten making a show of caring about more than money; receiving Elementary School principals waffling at length; me stifling yawns; me stifling laughs at inopportune moments; ripples of laughter as I utter my 'omedetou gozaimasu' to 180 kids who have never heard me speak Japanese; a vague sense of emotion toward my favoured students; lots of bowing; hasty exits before getting dragged into stilted conversations; a lovely bunch of flowers; an airing for my suit and relief that this time next year I will likely be doing something completely different.

In complete contrast, I also watched what is either the best film ever made or the worst (I'm tending toward the latter). Rented on a whim, You Got Served features the strangely shaped:


some horrendous acting and all manner of crazy dance moves. If you've got a large amount of time to kill, do it.

2 comments:

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dan said...

I was just about to log on and ask if you plucked those beauts, or if that was all natural? You have a very....shapely eyebrow